Earth Breathing, Breathing Earth Retreat
Earth Breathing, Breathing Earth
2-6 May 2012
with Jon Jandai & Vichak Panich
Opportunity to learn meditation techniques, Buddhist teachings and practices with an experienced instructor. This five-day retreat brings together the state of embodiment in meditation practice and daily activities in a mindfulness-based recovery community.
Participants receive extensive instruction in mindfulness-awareness (shamatha – vispashyana), as well as bodywork techniques, opening, stabilizing and extending awareness according to the Tibetan Buddhist teachings. With Jon Jandai, participants are introduced to knowledge of self-reliant living including introduction to natural building, organic gardening, natural health and product making.
- Extensive exploration of the body, breath, and all emotional states.
- Coming back to the healing energy of the earth.
- Daily talks on the essential teachings of the practice lineage
- Intensive periods of silence interspersed with discussion and group exploration.
- Working on the land, making bricks, working in the garden, and getting sweat.
- Synchronizing body and mind, earth and heaven.
Workshop in English with no Thai translation
Limit to only 20 participants
To register please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee 5,500 Baht (includes food and lodging)
If you’re a volunteer at New Life Foundation, fee is 3,500 Baht